A List of Scripts, of the Inspiring Sort.
Song of Harlem, peace! The Moon is New tonight!
☂ THANK YOU
- Thank you to everyone who's been able to pick up our Talk of Twins Body Butter & those that have been able to become members. We thank you & so appreciate you!
- Thank you to John, a lifelong love, a lifelong light for helping with all things zing and with video magic during Saturday's soak.
- Thank you to everyone that was able to attend our most recent Saturday soak.
- Thank you to Gia for offering inspiring writing prompts for Choir of the Imagineers.
- Thank you to one of my sisters for the laughter served in the making of this term: "cat grant" - Is there such a grant for the keeping of cats?
- Thank you to the One Most High for continued insight, humility, joy & guidance.
From the Black Queer South to the World, emerald faith rutledge, JSTOR
- 2023 Queer Retreat: Attuning to Our Powers - the Five Spiritual Faculties as a Path to Liberation
- SPIRITUAL RADICALS: Engaged Spirituality from Buddhist and Christian Saints and Bodhisattvas - ONLINE
- Sacred Justice for Our World: Embodying Compassion and Equanimity
- In-Person: Contemplative Leadership Sanctuary - A Three-Day Retreat
Upcoming Gathering / Soak on Saturday September 2, 2023
Saturday at 10:00 AM EDT
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/bte-wrzp-oar
☂ Become A Member of Our Newsletter
For those that can, please consider becoming a member. You'll receive a jar of specially-made creme for you and your loved ones. This is one of the best and easy ways to show your support. Your engagement helps us continue to build forward.
Loving You Different
As we approach the new moon this evening, another lunar cycle begins.
Why have the moons so pulled me? Is it that my mama and older sister had us calling the red part of our cycle, our moon-time since we were age nine or ten? Is it because this method of timing life, and projects in these two-week intervals just works for me? Wasn't fortnight a Wordly Wise word?
When I've taken a moment to scour the web for tools and tips for understanding the new moon, what comes up most frequently is naming your said intention. Be it an intention to drink more water, to dance more, to make an effort to understand someone better, to make an appointment with the eye doctor, to say to your loved ones I love you.
It can, yes, be very effective to marry an intention with the timing of the new moon. In this way as the moon fills out and soon becomes full, so does the energetic surrounding your named intention. A cycle, a circle, beginning, becoming full, lessening, becoming empty, beginning again.
This new moon I received a new way of understanding what it can mean to leave something behind, what it can mean to let go. This new moon I intend to love different.
I can still hold you, but as this new moon begins, I choose to love you different.
Maybe it is also a matter of placement.
Instead of holding as a tiger does, by its nape, between its teeth,
Maybe I'll hold you like mama held me, by her assurance, in the crook of her arm
It may be, as a work facilitator said today, more about changing my relationship to what is left behind versus flat leaving that thing behind.
In this leaving behind, in this changing of relationship, the body can yes evolve, can yes, see itself anew.
Can I be all things zing? Can I be a god dream? Can I be a queer dream? A love dream? A blackness dream, a vision's dream? Can I be acceptance and can I be refusal?
Behold, you can be.
For me, when do I enter this very dream? Where do I enter this very dream? What self or selves center in this very dream? What self or selves are the main character of this very dream? If I've left a self or selves behind, how can I press forward in knowing that my/our evolution is very much tied to shedding.
For now, self, or many selves, for now you are the making of me, but you are not me; for I have left you behind.